Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blessings from the Father

I just wanted to publicly thank my Heavenly Father, again, for the wonder of the Atonement.  Not only does it offer us forgiveness of our own sins and the chance to be clean again, but it offers comfort to the one who's been hurt.  Recently, I had an experience where my feelings were deeply hurt by someone that I love.  I didn't know who to "vent" to on the subject because I didn't want anyone to have a bad opinion of this person just because I was temporarily hurt.  Then the thought came to mind that I can always talk to my Father in Heaven and he'll never harbor bad feelings for any of His children.  I told Him I didn't want to feel this way and asked that I could have some healing in my heart.  I also asked that the person who caused the harm would be blessed as well.  And you know what?  It wasn't even the end of the day before I basically forgot those feelings!  Thank you, Heavenly Father.  What a blessing you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment